You may visit the TAG web site (www.TechnicalActionGroup.com) without disclosing any personally identifiable information
General: TAG will record and collect information about how you may use the site. This may include such data as a domain name, language, type of browser and operating system, Internet Service Provider, Internet protocol (IP) address, the web site from which you arrived at the site, and the amount of time spent on the site. TAG may monitor and use usage data in aggregated form to measure the web site’s performance and activity and improve the web site’s design and functionality. TAG may also use usage data in aggregated form to develop, and distribute to third parties, statistical and general information about how the web site is used for other marketing purposes. TAG may also use usage data in non-aggregated form to investigate and prosecute security violations.
Registration: Registration is often required, before issuing special offers, promotions, newsletters, etc. If you wish to subscribe, we may request such personal information as name, title, company, physical address, phone number, fax number, e-mail address, language, informational preferences, topics of interest, etc. TAG will not request more information than is reasonably necessary to provide requested information or services. TAG assumes all information will be true, accurate, current, non-misleading, consistent and relevant.
Contact Form / Help Desk Technical Requests: Personal information collected on these forms is required to determine the best manner in which to contact you, and to gather background information that will assist us when we contact you to discuss the issue that you are requesting us to contact you about, and to resolve your technical issues.
Public forums: TAG’s website may make, forums, message boards, Q & A section and/or feedback forms available to its users. Any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
THE USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
Why do we collect personal information from clients?
As a client using TAG’s services, you are asked to provide certain pieces of information in order for us to provide you with the best possible service. In addition to your personal and professional contact details, we may collect the following information:
- Information about your job function;
- Information about your company including number of staff;
- Details of business processes that use technology;
- Your company’s current hardware and software inventory which includes serial #’s, registration numbers and license keys;
- Names, contact details of your service providers, and details of any contracts that you have with these providers.
- Company growth plans.
We use your information to:
- Understand your business needs and preferences;
- Undergo assessments of functionality in your technical environment so we can make recommendations for improvement or to troubleshoot problems;
- Find the best solutions to the services you are requesting from TAG;
- Make recommendations to optimize your computer environment and business processes;
- Create service offerings that we feel you might find beneficial to your business;
- Write articles on topics that we feel may be of interest to you and other clients with similar technical requirements;
- Add services and features on our website that we feel may be beneficial to yourself and other clients with similar technical requirements;
- Assess and develop our business and operations to better service your needs as a client.
TAG never collects more personal information than is needed to fulfill these purposes, unless such information is volunteered by you and we deem the information appropriate to retain for the above purposes.
Why do we collect personal information from individuals seeking employment with TAG?
TAG’s web site provides the capability for candidates to submit their resume or curriculum vitae online. All resumes received by TAG will be held in confidence and used only for the purpose of assessing your qualifications for employment with TAG or such other purpose as requested by the candidate. TAG will not sell, trade, rent or distribute personal information to third parties
As a job seeker with TAG, you are asked to provide certain pieces of information. In addition to your contact details, your résumé, and a description of the type of work you are looking for, your file may include the following:
- Our interview notes;
- Information obtained through reference and background checks;
- Educational records;
- Reference letters;
- Skill testing results.
TAG never collects more personal information than is needed to fulfill these purposes, unless volunteered by you and we deem the information appropriate to retain for the above purposes.
When do we disclose personal information and to whom?
Your personal information is never traded, sold or leased by us to any external companies. Your information is only disclosed for TAG’s legitimate business purpose or as required to meet legal and regulatory requirements, for example to comply with a court order.
We may share information with our affiliates, partners, contractors or other companies (collectively “representative”) that we use to provide TAG services. However, we only disclose limited information as required for the function that will be performed by the representative on our behalf. We also ensure that every contract we enter into with a representative clearly outlines the representative’s obligation to protect your personal information and live up to the principles of privacy.
Have you consented?
Having read this policy and by using our services and providing us with your personal information, we imply your consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as specified herein.
Wherever possible and when necessary, we obtain your express consent for particular uses and disclosures. For example, we obtain your express, written consent before releasing your information to a third party who provides background checks on potential employees.
We imply your consent if we feel we are using your personal information for purposes that are obvious to you. For example, if you list the names and phone numbers of your previous employers on your résumé for reference checking purposes, we will not seek your express consent before checking these references.
How long is your information retained?
For clients, we retain your information as long as you are using our services. Since the nature of our relationships with some clients is on as “as needed basis”, we keep the information for an indefinite period of time so that we do not have to collect the same information each time our services are requested, even though extended periods of time may lapse between these requests.
For individuals applying for full-time employment with TAG and who are unsuccessful, we retain your information on file for a period of one (1) year.
For contractors and freelancers who are applying for project-based work with TAG, we retain your information on file for an indefinite period of time so that we can contact you when projects require us to hire a short-term resource.
How do we keep your personal information secure?
We have staff procedures and policies in place to ensure that your personal information, in both paper and electronic format, are secure. For example, we require the following:
- Filing cabinets remain locked when not in use;
- Access to electronic and paper files is limited on a need-to-know basis depending on job function;
- Password selection criteria and expiry make unauthorized access more difficult; and
- Staff training on the importance of privacy and security is undertaken regularly.
- Our internal networks are protected from intrusion by use of firewalls, routers and other password-protected security mechanisms. If you provide personal information to us via unencrypted e-mail you should be aware of the inherent risks of interception over which we have no control.
How can you access your personal information and check its accuracy?
You may at any time make a written request to our Company Privacy Officer for access to your personal information. Exceptional requests may be subject to a reasonable processing fee.
Contact us with any questions or concerns
TAG takes full responsibility for the management and confidentiality of the personal information it collects. If you have any concerns about this policy, or believe that TAG is not abiding by it, please write to our Company Privacy Officer at:
Attention: General Manager
Technical Action Group Inc.
56 The Esplanade, Suite 212